Sunday, November 30, 2008

what I am grateful for

Here's a quick list, by no means exhaustive

  1. My cousins visited us! It was very pleasant and gave me the chance to cook like crazy. I was glad to spend time with their baby, who is a darling little boy of 6 months, 14 pounds, and one extra chomosome.
  2. I am grateful my baby (now 14) was easy in just about every way, and has been healthy and normal (more or less).
  3. I have done a pretty good job of exercising for 3 months now!
  4. My health is good. Maybe even great.
  5. My family is healthy. My spouse is in far, far better shape than one year ago, when he was in a walker, getting food and meds through a tube to his stomach, and we were between surgeries.
  6. My cats continue to give me immense joy.
  7. We live in a peaceful state. Not perfect but I am grateful for a warm dry place to sleep, and food in my belly. And no shells hitting my home.
  8. My wonderfully generous neighbor bestowed more coffee on me, and I have not spent $ on coffee at home since Feb 2006. Thanks, Eric.
  9. Strangely, I am grateful to be free from eldercare worries since my parents are long gone.

That's it for today.

No comments: