Saturday, June 26, 2010

On reducing our carbon footprint

I said I would blog about it when I registered for the teletraining for the low carbon diet, so here goes.

I'm always looking for ways to build peace in the world, to make the world a better place, to form a more perfect union. A new way has opened. When one Seeks one can find. And I did.

A sweet convergence. I am my program's sustainability chair. By default, but nonetheless. The state legislature passed a law in 2008 or 2009 with specific goals for state agencies to reduce carbon and our governor charged my agency with showing other agencies how to go about it.

For Earth Day my agency rolled out a program they call 'Carbon Smart.' It has two parts -- greening our office by what we do there and how we get there. The other part is to reduce carbon at home. This hits us, so to speak, where we live.

I have a leading to lead carbon reduction teams.

More about this soon.

No comments: