Thursday, October 28, 2010

Saving the ta-ta's

This a first for me, blogging with a beer and blaring music. Some women I know-- strong partying smart gals-- are throwing a big party to raise $$$ for the Susan G Komen foundation to conquer breast cancer. There are SO many ways to spend $$, and all raise $$ for the cause. I am not feeling very itchy in a retail way so my contribution is to buy a beer (part of the cost goes to the cause).

Well I am not a huge party girl. Breast cancer has afflicted my family. My sister survived. So dis my cousins Susie and Jannie. Not so my cousin Winnie.

Cancer also took my mom, and my mother-in-law. And cancer has laid a siege on my step-daughter and step-son as I write this.

Cancer kills 1 in 4 in the US. Some reason that's because we don't die from other things. Yep, that's it.

Contributing to a charity is a good thing, and if we can have fun at the same time, why not?

Cancer, bad. Charity, good. Fun, good. So this fin may help some woman fight off Demon Cancer.

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: