Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stop the world, I want to get off!

That's an expression my mother taught me. I know we lack the ability to leave this world. Gravity ensures this. I thought of this expression because so very much is going on, I'd like to slow things down and deal with them one at a time.

Democracy is breaking out in Africa and breaking down in the US -- or so it seems as the rich get richer and try taking still more from the environment and the working people.

Mother Jones magazine posted a very graphic article on Feb 7 that clearly shows how the wealthy in our nation are getting more. I'm blogging from my phone so I can't link to it now. But I will.

The uneven distribution of wealth undermines peace and justice. I wish the wealthy could see the impacts of their wealth.

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: