Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More on synergy and slave chocolate

More divine synergy. Last night inboards a small party to sell beads made in Uganda. Our conversation turned to slavery in chocolate. One guest sells fair trade chocolate at her church, and last night I learned she does not eat slave chocolate either. Kindred spirit, this one!

More synergy. Another friend of mine who knows about my chocolate abstinence and concern about slavery forward to me an email about a meeting next week in my city about slavery in chocolate! There will be a documentary called The Dark Side of Chocolate, from 2010. I am so glad to get an update on the implementation of the Harkin-Engel protocol. Documentaries don't always have long shelflives, so it's great to see a fairly new program.

Synergy. If you ask, it may come. By sharing my concern, others pick it up and amplify it.

My chocolate-abstaining guest also shares my concern about immigration reform. And living greenly. We even went to the same college!

More on slave chocolate later.

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: