Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to oppose slavery

There's a story about a little boy throwing star fishes into the sea. Someone points out that there are far too many stranded star fishes and he cannot save them all. What does his effort matter? The boy throws another back to the life-giving sea and says, "it matters for that one."

That's how I fee about fighting slavery. We must say no every way and every time we can.

My advice on fundraising is 1. Any time 2. Any one. 3. Any where. 4. Always 5.Ask. This is the five finger, one A per finger.

Putting these thoughts together, and anytime, anyway, anyone, always oppose slavery. If there's slavery in the chocolate DONT EAT IT. If there is slavery in the making of the clothing, DON'T WEAR IT. Never buy it either. If you don't know about it, that's one thing. But once you do, you must not enjoy the fruits of a slave's labor.

I miss chocolate. But I think of children denied school, forced to work long hours with dangerous machetes and heavy loads, beaten or neglected, sold for as little as $130, and I can't stomach the chocolate either.

I know there is slavery in the world. I don't know how to stop all of it and would sure like some suggestions!

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: