Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gays in the military, Southern Christian leadership Conference

Not feeling terribly inspired today so I'll just share a few facts and ideas.

Fact: On this day in 2000, England lifted its ban on gays in the military. Good for them! I haven't heard that the earth stopped spinning or that the mililtary has fallen apart (though come to think of it, I wouldn't really mind if it did).

On this day in 1957, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference was founded in Atlanta. This group focused first and foremost on civil rights through the use of non-violence. Boycotts. Marches. Voter registration. All good things, and just as relevant today.

So I ask: do you walk your talk? Do your purchases align with your values? Do you chose recreation that fosters your spirit and helps improve the world?

Off my soap box. I wonder when I'll get my next chance to register voters?

Thanks to the great folks at Nebraskans for Peace, who produce the Cat Lovers Against the Bomb calendar with the facts that almost inspired me today. And maybe gave you a thing or two to think about, as well

peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: