Thursday, April 28, 2011

On simplicity

My work to declutter my study continue, and I'm nearly done with the paper part. Next, cleaning, restoring, painting.

Decluttering is to simplicity as...registering to vote is to justice?

I realize the path I'm on leads to a simpler condition. The path is dirty and dusty, filled with emotional and sentimental obstacles. Some I cast into the recycle bin with cathartic satisfaction. Some went into the bin with a fond farewell. The material remains in my heart, but not my drawers. Some obstacles I keep to be someone else's issue some other day.

I like my study now. It is not yet pretty, but it's airy and open, a huge change. In a few days it will be much prettier, because I will clean this weekend and order new windowblinds.

Simplicity....thus freed from clutter, my heart is lighter and I feel the promise of possibilities. I will be a better person soon. Perhaps I am already?

Peace, Y'all

Molly

No comments: