Sunday, October 16, 2011

On community

A sense of community is so important. I feel blessed by friends and neighbors, kindred spirits, people I like and people I love.

Talk about an antidote to mainstream poison!

I shared breakfast with a neighbor. Eggs from my backyard, peaches from his, and coffee fresh from the roasting plant he maintains. So pleasant!

Later on we got a visit from the little girl living on one side of my home, and a visit with the woman on the other side a little later. Also had a call from my closest friend and will host two other close friends for dinner. Yes, today I've seen and heard from many people close to me. And I glow with contentment.

Community? Sort of. There's also the Facebook community. And office community. Etc. This web of human connections supports and nutures me. I'm grateful.

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: