Saturday, January 9, 2010

a little at a time

Last night's peace offering went well, and my retail abstinence continues but I can't say it goes well. I miss my lattes!

The group at the youth center had what they call "check in," in which each person says their name, their age, astrological sign, orientation, preferred pronoun, a good thing that happened this week, a bad thing that happened this week, answer to a silly question (if you were a piece of clothing, what would you be, and why) and a serious question (what could you do tomorrow to make the world a better place?")

I proposed the serious question. It inspired me to frame my fairly unplanned day. So far I have met a new neighbor and given out voter registration forms, and have loved up my kitties and trimmed claws on 3 of them.

I will go now and turn down the thermostat and restore order to my home.

Peace, y'all

No comments: