Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here is a gem I try to recite each a.m. to great the new day. It is a gift from e.e. cummings.

i thank you God for most this amazing day;for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and
wings;and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifed from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened.)

Lacking much inspiration of my own today, I cheerfully share mr. cummings'

I am having a marvelous little day. I took some great pictures of my cats, had a lovely walk and breakfast with my daughter, and we did a little purging today. So her shelves are emptier of stuff and fuller of potential.

Through the lens of peace, I suppose I'm reaping the dividends today. And feeling suitably appreciative.

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: