Friday, January 16, 2009

Martin Luther King, Jr and Obama

Still depressed by all the evil and conflict in the world, and also still devoted to increasing the level of joy and love in the universe. So today I keep my misery to myself, mostly.

Here are a few MLK jr quotes to inspire me and perhaps thee

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the staircase.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him. (I love brevity.)

...And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. ... (this last was uttered the day before Dr. King was killed in Memphis in 1968)

Perhaps MLK is in heaven and will be looking over Obama's shoulder in four short days?

Peace, y'all

Molly

No comments: