Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Protect children

Today I am in a prayerful mood, and not my usual ebullient self. So I will visualize myself as a hot knife slicing through butter, and get to the point (and then move one, prayerfully of course).

"There is no trust more sacred than the one the world holds with children. There is no duty more important than ensuring that their rights are respected, that their welfare is protected, that their lives are free from fear and want and that they grow up in peace. "
Kofi Annan, in "Foreword" to The State of the World's Children 2000

This one resonates with me because I am praying for the child of my coworker, whose troubles are acute, scary, and I hope not scarring. I also pray for my own child, who gets along with her father so poorly we are seeking counseling.

Peace to you

Molly

No comments: